Maruti Suzuki will be one of the biggest show stoppers at the 2018 Auto Expo. The company has plans to get many of their new cars showcased at the Expo. We aren’t certain on all of them, but yes there are many that can predict and most of which are in the pipeline at the moment. At the last Expo, the Vitara Brezza for Maruti, while for Nexa it was the Ignis and the Baleno RS. The car brand had mentioned launch of many new products by 2020 and we have shortlisted about 8 of them, which will make it to this show. This will be the third time when the show will be held in Greater Noida, after its shift from New Delhi, separating it from the components. What shall be the new Maruti Suzuki on offer? We tell you in more detail about it. Read further to know more.
- Maruti Swift 2018: This is an all new-generation Swift that will be making its way into India. Based on the new Heartect platform, this hatchback shall be lighter and a lot more feature-loaded too. At the same time, the company is also looking at increasing its market reach with new car. There are so many new hatchbacks that have raised the bar and its Maruti’s turn to revert. So, what will be offered on this, will be more features like projector headlamps, daytime running LEDs, touchscreen infotainment system, reverse camera and then there shall be Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. There will be more space in the cabin as the wheelbase is bigger and the car should be wider too.
- Maruti Wagon R: An all new-gen of the Wagon R will be showcased mostly. This will be based on a new platform, and mostly share it with the Ignis. The new platform will make it lighter and it will be more powerful too. There will be an increase its features and design shall be more modern. We can even expect a 7-seater version of the Wagon R to be showcased at the show as Maruti could get this new UV also, making it the ideal people’s mover.
- Maruti Ciaz facelift: An updated version of the Ciaz should make it at the expo too. This will see some major changes not in the cosmetics but more in the mechanicals. To begin with, there shall be the new 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. These shall be more powerful and fuel-efficient too. At the same time, there will be an upgrade to the automatic transmission on the petrol engine and this will be replaced by CVT instead of the four-speed auto that is currently offered.
- Maruti S-Cross facelift: The other facelift that is due to come. This will also get a new 1.5-litre petrol engine and there should even be an automatic on offer as well. Then there shall even be a facelift and so there will be more features on offer too. The same 1.3-litre and 1.6-litre diesel engines are likely to continue. Maruti will be looking at reviving the pricing too. This will make it a good option to procure with these added features and pricing.
- Maruti Kwid competition: This will be an all new concept car that is likely to be showcased. This will be an all new vehicle and shall be an exciting product on offer too. This will be Maruti’s new strong product and it could be the show stopper. The company is working towards enhancing its market share boost its numbers with this product. No one has any details on this at the moment.
Also Read: New Maruti Upcoming cars in India
Maruti cars at 2018 Auto Expo