Tata has finally launched India’s Own Electric SUV – the Nexon EV at an introductory price of Rs 13.99 lakhs(ex-showroom). Offering about 312 Km claimed range on a single charge. To know more about the Tata Nexon EV read the article below.
Tata Nexon EV is powered by 30.2 kWh Li-ion battery producing 127 bhp max power and 245 Nm max torque. Due to the instant torque nature of electric motor, it tips 0-100 in just under 9.9 sec. The Lithium-ion battery is liquid cooled and IP67 certified. The Nexon EV will be available in three different variants- XM, XZ+, XZ+ LUX. There is no change in power-train across the variants. However features like sun-roof, premium leather seats, automatic rain sensing wipers and automatic headlamps are present on top trim. It has three different colour options- Signature Teal Blue colour, Moonlit Silver and Glacier White.
Tata Nexon EV charging infrastructure
Nexon EV can be charged by three different modes-
- AC charging at Home: Tata will setup the free charging device at your home. this will take 8 hours to charge from 20% to 100%.
- DC fast charging at Tata Power Network: You can fast charge your vehicle 0-80 % in just 60 minutes at Tata Power network. Tata will set 300 charging stations across 22 cities by march end 2020. Tata will increase stations up to 650 till March 2021. Rates for Tata Nexon EV owners will be less. You can also locate these charging stations through the Tata Zconnect app.
- On-demand mobile charge: There is not much information revealed about this structure. But we expect this might be like a mobile power station.
- Direct Purchase: Nexon EV has interesting loan options from 11 financiers. The tenure can be up to 8 years.
- Subscription: Flexible ownership of 12 months to 4 years with no down payment.
- Lease for corporate employees: No down payment, income tax savings.
Nexon EV has a battery warranty of 8 years or 1.6 lakh Km. Looking at the schemes and the warranty, it is definitely a value for money EV.
Tata Nexon EV Features
Nexon EV gets touch screen dual airbags, cornering ABS, hill ascent and descent assist, key-less entry, climate control as standard. Other features like 16-inch alloy wheels, touch screen infotainment, rear camera are similar to its ICE version. The kerb weight has gone up by just 150-200 kg compared to its ICE model.
Tata Nexon Variants
Introductory price for different variants is as follows:
- XM: Rs 13,99,000
- XZ+: Rs 14,99,000
- XZ+ LUX: Rs 15,99,000
Nexon EV Rivals
There are very few EV vehicles today in India. MG ZS EV and Hyundai Kona are the competition for Tata Nexon EV.
Watch our detailed review of Tata Nexon EV below.