In the start of the month, Tata Motors today announced that it has crossed 10,000 customers for its flagship SUV – Harrier since its launch in January 2019 and the company also launched the dual-tone color options of the Harrier on top-of-the-line XZ variant. Apart from that now, the new 2019 Tata Harrier is going now gets a meaner Dark Edition. This edition gets a lot of cosmetic changes. Scroll below to know more.
The Tata Harrier has been reviewed by us and if you scroll down there is a gallery with all the pictures of the car. Do check out the updated prices of the car below.
2019 Tata Harrier Prices
|Tata Harrier XE||Rs 13 lakh|
|Tata Harrier XM||Rs 14.06 lakh|
|Tata Harrier XT||Rs 15.26 lakh|
|Tata Harrier XZ||Rs 16.55 lakh|
|Tata Harrier XZ (Dual-tone)||Rs 16.76 lakhs|
Below is a detailed description of the variants.
2019 Tata Harrier Dark Edition
To kickstart the celebrations in the upcoming festive season across the country, Tata Motors today announced the launch of the #Dark Edition of its flagship SUV – the Tata Harrier. This edition comes soon after Tata Motors announced the launch of dual-tone variants of the Harrier to celebrate 10,000 customers of the company’s flagship product.
The Dark edition of the Harrier will offer a total of 14 design enhancements to make it a perfect blend. The New Atlas Black color is complemented with R17 Blackstone Alloys and other changes in the exterior to make it a head-turner. The interiors are completely refreshed to offer an all-new Blackstone theme- with the Premium Benecke Kaliko Blackstone Leather upholstery, Blackstone Matrix dashboard and a new Gunmetal Grey chrome pack which further accentuates the interiors.
The #Dark edition, in the new stunning Atlas Black color packaged with striking black exteriors and interiors, further accentuates Harrier’s stance while maintaining the natural elegance of a premium SUV. The Harrier Dark Edition, fully loaded XZ variant, will be priced at Rs.16.76 Lakh onwards, ex-showroom Delhi.
2019 Tata Harrier Variants
Some of the features available with the Tata Harrier are the following. The breakdown reveals the car variants with features –
Tata Harrier XE
- Dual airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Parking sensors
- Speed sensitive door locks
- Seatbelt reminder
- Central locking
- Projector headlamps
- LED DRLs
- LED tail-lamps
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Power adjustable wing mirrors
- 4-inch MID
- Manual AC
- Four-way adjustable driver’s seat
- Puddle lamps
- Tilt and telescopically adjustable steering wheel
- Rear AC vents
- Power windows
Tata Harrier XM
- Front fog lamps
- Rear parcel shelf
- 7.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with four speakers and two tweeters
- Steering-mounted audio controls
- USB, Aux and Bluetooth compatible audio system
- Multi-Drive modes for the engine (Eco, City and Sport)
- Remote central locking
- Six-way adjustable driver’s seat
- Follow me home headlamps
- Rear wiper
- Boot lamp
Tata Harrier XT
- Dual function LED DRLs
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Audio system with four speakers and four tweeters
- Video playback and image display via USB
- Voice recognition and SMS readout
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay (will come at a later date)
- Rear defogger
- Reverse camera
- Push-button start
- Climate control system
- 8-way adjustable driver’s seat
- Power folding and adjustable wing mirrors
- Automatic headlamps and wipers
- Cruise control
- Cooled storage under the front centre armrest
- Rear armrest with cup holders
Tata Harrier XZ
- Xenon HID projector headlamps
- Front fog lamps with cornering function
- Shark fin antenna
- Leather seats, door panels, steering wheel and gear shift knob
- 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Nine JBL speakers (four speakers, four tweeters and a sub-woofer) with an amplifier
- 7.0-inch digital instrument display
- Terrain response modes (Normal, Wet and Rough)
- Six airbags (Driver, Co-Driver, Seat Side & Curtain)
- Isofix child seat mounts
- Hill-hold and hill-descent control
- Roll-over mitigation
- Corner stability control
- Traction control
- Hydraulic brake assist
- 60:40 split-folding seats
2019 Tata Harrier Updates
There were many complaints about the new 2019 Tata Harrier when it first came this year, the pre-production car that we tested also faced issues, so here’s what’s changed –
- Infotainment setup – The system now gets the R10.X update. This update offers more smooth navigation around the infotainment setup and also removes some glitches present in the current system.
- Clutch tuning – The clutch on the Harrier was very hard and has now been tunned for a more softer tractable response.
- Steering setup – The hydraulic steering on the car was weighted and very dead is now softer and more responsive.
- NVH levels – Road noise, engine noise always crept in resulting in a higher decibel in the cabin. more insulation is being provided.
- It is great to see Tata taking the feedback and acting quickly on the new Harrier to make the experience for customers better.
2019 Tata Harrier Specifications
|Engine Type||Kyrotec 2.0-litre turbocharged|
|Torque||350Nm of torque|
|Driving Modes||Eco, City, Sport|
|Esp Terrain Response Modes||Normal, wet, Rough|
|Tyre Size||235/65 R17 with spare 235/70 R16|
|Ground Clearance Unladen||205mm|
|Fuel tank Capacity||50-litres|
2019 Tata Harrier Mileage
|City||11 km/l||13 km/l|
|Highway||15 km/l||18 km/l|
The Harrier diesel according to us should return about 13 km/l in city driving and about 18 km/l on the highway. The petrol when introduced should return 11km/l in the city and around 15 km/l on the highway. These are in real driving conditions and not in a lab environment.
2019 Tata Harrier Major Addition
The latest update on the Tata Harrier is the sunroof. The car qualifies as a premium SUV and a lack of sunroof will not be a reason for tata to lose its customers. There are images of the car being spied with a company fitted sunroof. The company has been testing a lot of cars for BS6 emission norms compliance. The sunroof will be available only in the topmost variant. There is also a chance of the car to get an automatic gearbox. It will be a 6-speed torque converter unit. Currently, it offers a 6-speed manual gearbox. The automatic gearbox will be available on completely 2 new variants probably XMA and XZA. These will be available on top of the existing variants.
2019 Tata Harrier Colors
Tata Harrier would come in six color options. These are:
- Dark Brown
2019 Tata Harrier Safety
When it comes to safety features, all variants of the 2019 Tata Harrier come with 2 airbags, with the top-spec variant – XZ getting 6 airbags. The new car is also based on the Omega Arc platform that has been derived from Land Rover and features safety systems like traction control, cornering stability control, electronic stability program, rollover mitigation and hill descent control. The car will keep up with Tata’s trend of offering the safest car in the market. This car when launched, will be the safest car available.
2019 Tata Harrier Design
The 2019 Tata Harrier gets contemporary SUV design language. The floating roof gets a bold chrome finish with Harrier branding. The wheel arches are flared and come with protective side body cladding. The front bumper gets a dual-tone look. The headlights are HID projector headlamps and the DRLs are dual function LED units with turn signal function. On the rear, the car gets 3D LED taillamps with a sporty piano black finish. The car gets simple silver 5 spoke alloy wheels with 235/65 R17 tires. The cars outer mirror gets a projector logo. The whole car is built OMEGA platform which is derived from the Land Rovers D8 architecture. The Land Rover Discovery Sport will be built on the same platform.
The Harrier has been built keeping local conditions in mind. Tata is aiming at getting more and more global products. This car-sharing its platform with the Discovery Sport is not a coincidence. The sharing of the platform will also mean that the Tata Harrier will be a very able, comfortable and versatile car of its class. Expect the Harrier to get best in class features. Tata would be looking at an onslaught in this segment and grabbing a large pie, currently enjoyed by the Hyundai Creta. The car will be a serious threat to even the Renault Captur and the Nissan Terrano.
Also Read: Jeep Compass Review
2019 Tata Harrier Interior
The 2019 Tata Harrier will get a signature oak brown interior color scheme. the dashboard will have an Oak wood finish. The car will have a Stain Chrome pack with a lot of chrome inside the car. The dashboard will get a soft touch leather interior with anti-reflective Nappa grain top leather. the steering will be leather-wrapped; so will the gear knob. The car will get an 8.8-inch Floating Island touchscreen system. The car will get 9 JBL speakers with an external Amplifier. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with USB connectivity will be offered. The instrument cluster will be a 7-inch TFT screen where media, phone and navigation can be mirrored.
2019 Tata Harrier Key Features
The cars key features are –
- Auto Headlamps
- Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Electrically Adjustable and Foldable Outside Mirror
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control
- Rear AC vents
- Push Start Button
- 8 Way Adjustable Driver Seat, 4-way adjustable co-driver seat
- Steering wheel with Tilt and Telescopic Adjustment
- Armrest with cup holders
- Cooled Storage Box
- Intelligent spaces -tab stowage tray, Mobile holders, Umbrella holders, bottle holders, sun-glass holders
- 2019 Tata Harrier Picture Gallery
2019 Tata Harrier Competiton
The 2019 Tata Harrier will compete with the sales champion, Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500, Jeep Compass and the upcoming Nissan Kicks.