The Honda Activa 6G is coming soon. We all know about that but when will it come to a dealership near you? Honda has been very tight-lipped about the whole thing and is now planning a BS6 release of the commuter motorcycle – SP125. This, therefore, clears the doubt about the scooter making its entry into the market anytime this year-end. So when will it come? Honda might show us the scooter or even better, launch it. Honda 2 Wheelers India is not taking part in the 2020 Auto Expo and this could mean that there is going to be pre-Expo launch planned.
What about the scooter/product itself? What kind of expectations should we have from the product that is one of the most prestigious and successful nameplates on the Indian market? Well, first of all, it will be a whole new product and we will see a host of new features and mechanical updates on the product. The Honda Activa 6G is going to get some stuff from the newly launched Activa 125. SEE VIDEO HERE. There will be new suspension, body panels, design for the headlamps, instrument cluster, better seats and most importantly a BS6 compliant engine that should be more powerful and return a great mileage at the same time. The Activa set a benchmark in terms of its offerings and aftersales support, it will be a very important launch for the manufacturer. The Honda Activa 6G will be the most important two-wheeler launch of 2020.
What will we get?
Well, to start things off, a full metal body is expected to continue from the brand and a class-leading 5.3-liter fuel tank is now expected to be increased. Apart from that, we shall get the following –
- Pass Switch – Ensuring that your overtaking maneuvers are convenient and safe.
- Full Metal Body – No matter what condition you ride on, you can confidently rely on the full metal body.
- External Fuel Fill – Now get fuel filled while sitting on your scooter.
- Telescopic Front Suspension And Front Disc Brake – It offers the utmost comfort that gives you peace of mind and makes your ride the best part of your day.
- 5 In 1 Lock With Dual Function Switch – One compact console that ensures the safety of the vehicle and convenience of opening under-seat storage & external fuel lid.
- Side Stand Engine Inhibitor – A first-in-class side stands indicator with an engine inhibitor that stops the engine start in case the side stand.
- Led Headlamp And Signature Led Position Lamp – The glamorous LED with restyled Signature LED Position Lamp adds to the fashion quotient of this premium scooter.
- Silent Start With ACG – Be at the forefront of the quiet revolution. The ultra-smooth silent start with ACG starter motor helps to turn on the engine without as much as a whisper.
- Idling Stop System – Eliminate wasteful fuel consumption with the Idling Stop System that automatically switches the engine off at traffic lights and other brief stops.
- Real-Time Fuel Efficiency And Distance To Empty – Always be in charge with the most intelligent Digital-Analog meter as it displays advanced information like distance to empty, real-time fuel efficiency and average fuel efficiency.
- All of that aside, the engine will be a 110cc producing a little more power, say 9bhp and will continue with a CVT belt-drive. Also, braking will improve with Disc brakes and CBS. Lower variants will get Drum brakes still.
What will it cost?
Now the Honda Activa 6G will be a bit more expensive than before. We can see the Standard variant starting from Rs 59,000 to the DLX version going to Rs 63,000 (ex-showroom). It will continue to battle the Hero Maestro and the TVS Jupiter which has gained a substantial amount of ground in the few years.