The Honda Activa is the favourite scooter of the India. It is such a popular product that the vehicle has been synonymous of the segment. The vehicle is currently in its 5th generation. Honda has recently launched the Honda Activa 125 FI which has a BS6 engine. And now with the BS6 norms closing in. Honda is trying to bring the 2020 Honda Activa 6G which will be a 110 cc BS6 engine scooter.
Honda has decided to skip the upcoming Auto Expo 2020. This is on account of the slowdown in the auto industry. The Honda 2 wheelers is a brand that has been expected to make the top of the line products BS6 compliant before the Auto Expo 2020.
2020 Honda Activa 6G Launch
The new BS6 norms will commence in the country from April 1, 2020. This means that major auto manufacturers will have their products ready before that. The Activa 6G will also be launched in the month of February. The Activa brand is class-leading and Honda doesn’t want to lose this lead to other manufacturers. The development of the new engine will take time but once this engine is ready Honda will launch it in other scooters too. There is a chance that Honda will launch the Activa electric along with is BS6 launch too.
2020 Honda Activa 6G Price
The price of the Honda Activa 6G in India is expected to be around Rs 63,000. This put a big difference between the current generation and the 6G. There is a good reason for that. All the new technology and the research that will go into developing it will be met by the increase in cost. There will also be a major cosmetic change which will set the new Activa 6G apart from the 5G.
2020 Honda Activa 6G Features
- Pass Switch – Ensuring that your overtaking maneuvers are convenient and safe.
- Full Metal Body – No matter what condition you ride on, you can confidently rely on the full metal body.
- External Fuel Fill – Now get fuel filled while sitting on your scooter.
- Telescopic Front Suspension And Front Disc Brake – It offers the utmost comfort that gives you peace of mind and makes your ride the best part of your day.
- 5 In 1 Lock With Dual Function Switch – One compact console that ensures the safety of the vehicle and convenience of opening under-seat storage & external fuel lid.
- Side Stand Engine Inhibitor – A first-in-class side stands indicator with an engine inhibitor that stops the engine start in case the side stand.
- Led Headlamp And Signature Led Position Lamp – The glamorous LED with restyled Signature LED Position Lamp adds to the fashion quotient of this premium scooter.
- Silent Start With ACG – Be at the forefront of the quiet revolution. The ultra-smooth silent start with ACG starter motor helps to turn on the engine without as much as a whisper.
- Idling Stop System – Eliminate wasteful fuel consumption with the Idling Stop System that automatically switches the engine off at traffic lights and other brief stops.
- Real-Time Fuel Efficiency And Distance To Empty – Always be in charge with the most intelligent digital-analog meter as it displays advanced information like distance to empty, real-time fuel efficiency and average fuel efficiency.
2020 Honda Activa 6G Dimensions
|Fuel Tank capacity||5.3 litres|
2020 Honda Activa 6G ACG
ACG (Alternating Current Generator) is that technology that makes it so silent. Instead of having 2 separate generators for the electricals and starter it uses one for both. Therefore this cranks the scooter as well as powers the electricals and is switched on from the moment the key is turned on. This doesn’t have any gears moving and so there is no sound like the conventional scooter. Honda also keeps the exhaust valves slightly open to allow decompression and thereby less noise. In addition to all this, there is a swing back function which allows the piston to get a running start. All this results in the engine to start with minimal power of the ACG.
2020 Honda Activa 6G Colours
- Dazzle Yellow Metallic
- Majestic Brown Metallic
- Matte Axis Grey Metallic Black
- Matte Selene Silver Metallic
- Pearl Amazing White
- Pearl Spartan Red
- Trance Blue Metallic
2020 Honda Activa 6G Mileage
The current generation of the Activa gives a mileage of 60 Kmpl. This figure might change with the new generation. If the company decides to keep the mileage the same then it will have to reduce the displacement. But a reduction in displacement will mean that the vehice will produce less power. The vehicle currently produces a power of 7 bhp which in itself is very low. Any drop in that will directly result in some amount of lack of fun while riding it. The second is that the new starter technology will eliminate the weight from the scooter which will result in a lighter scooter, thereby increasing its mileage.