Honda had everyone guessing what the manufacturer is planning with the teaser video – A silent revolution is coming. Now all has been revealed. The company has unveiled the 2019 Honda Activa 125 FI which has become the companies BS6 compliant vehicle. It also gets FI technology amongst other segment-first features. Along with this, it gets a silent start. How does honda manage that?
Commenting on the unveiling of the new BS6 scooter, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India’s Senior Vice-President of Sales and Marketing, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, said – “Leading the transition towards a pollution-free India, we are delighted to present today – “the new Activa 125 BS-VI. The impressive pace at which the automatic scooters have gained popularity in India gave us a strong conviction to lead this transformation with a scooter. Adding another surprise for our customers, for the first time in the Indian 2Wheeler Industry”
To know more about the features, launch, new technology and price expectations scroll down now.
2019 Honda Activa 125 new Features
- Pass Switch – Ensuring that your overtaking maneuvers are convenient and safe.
- Full Metal Body – No matter what condition you ride on, you can confidently rely on the full metal body.
- External Fuel Fill – Now get fuel filled while sitting on your scooter.
- Telescopic Front Suspension And Front Disc Brake – It offers the utmost comfort that gives you peace of mind and makes your ride the best part of your day.
- 5 In 1 Lock With Dual Function Switch – One compact console that ensures the safety of the vehicle and convenience of opening under-seat storage & external fuel lid.
- Side Stand Engine Inhibitor – A first-in-class side stands indicator with an engine inhibitor that stops the engine start in case the side stand.
- Led Headlamp And Signature Led Position Lamp – The glamorous LED with restyled Signature LED Position Lamp adds to the fashion quotient of this premium scooter.
- Silent Start With ACG – Be at the forefront of the quiet revolution. The ultra-smooth silent start with ACG starter motor helps to turn on the engine without as much as a whisper.
- Idling Stop System – Eliminate wasteful fuel consumption with the Idling Stop System that automatically switches the engine off at traffic lights and other brief stops.
- Real-Time Fuel Efficiency And Distance To Empty – Always be in charge with the most intelligent digital-analog meter as it displays advanced information like distance to empty, real-time fuel efficiency and average fuel efficiency.
2019 Honda Activa 125 FI Price in India
The price of the 2019 Honda Activa 125 is expected to remain the same or increase a bit with BS6 being an expensive bit of tech. We will have to ask the company or wait for the launch date to come closer.
2019 Honda Activa 125 Silent secret
ACG (Alternating Current Generator) is that technology that makes it so silent. Instead of having 2 separate generators for the electricals and starter it uses one for both. Therefore this cranks the scooter as well as powers the electricals and is switched on from the moment the key is turned on. This doesn’t have any gears moving and so there is no sound like the conventional scooter. Honda also keeps the exhaust valves slightly open to allow decompression and thereby less noise. In addition to all this, there is a swing back function which allows the piston to get a running start. All this results in the engine to start with minimal power of the ACG.
Five Things To Know About The New Honda Activa 125 BS-6
1. Engine changes
Since the Honda Activa 125 gets a BS-6 engine, there are many changes onboard. As a result of BS6, it gets fuel injection system which helps in the reduction of the emission. Further, mileage and performance also improve. The engine is now equipped with an ACG starter, which prevents the ignition noise. i3S technology is the first from Honda, which basically switches off the engine when idle. With the twist of the throttle, the engine automatically switches on. This technology is smart therefore will help to save a lot of fuel as a result.
2. Suspension and brakes
The new Activa gets a new 3-step adjustable rear mono-shock with the same telescopic forks at the front. Disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the back are offered on the top-spec variant. CBS comes as a standard fitment across all variants. In other words, the 2019 Honda Activa 125 now gives a better ride.
3. Cosmetic turnovers
Cosmetic upgrades are minor, as they include revised headlamps, revised tail portion, a new glovebox at the front and chrome detailing on the side apron. The overall styling remains untouched, it just looks a bit premium than earlier. This one 2019 Honda Activa 125 will stand out due to its chrome sidings and the redesigned LED position lamp is aimed to enhance the premium look of the 2019 Honda Activa 125.
4. Bookings and prices
Honda has launched the BS-6 Activa 125 this week. The prices will be revealed then itself, however, the officials stated that it will increase by 10-15% max. Currently, the Activa 125 starts from Rs 60,000 to Rs 64,700 (ex-showroom Delhi). So expect the prices to go up to Rs 72,000 for the top-end variant.
5. BS 6 Features
The Honda Activa 125 BS-6 gets a revised instrument cluster with riding range, instantaneous fuel economy and average fuel economy, external fuel filler cap, LED headlamps and position lamps and i3S technology. Some of the features come on a scooter for the first time thereby making it an exciting deal
2019 Honda Activa 125 FI Colors
In addition to all the above features, the 125 cc model will be available in six color options:
- Rebel Red Metallic
- Heavy Gray Metallic
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- Pearl Precious White
- Majestic Brown Metallic
2019 Honda Activa 125 Specifications
With the highly efficient and advanced 125cc HET BS-VI engine from Honda and the advanced Programmed Fuel Injection system. The system feeds optimum fuel into the cylinder as per spontaneous feedback from the sensors. That’s BS6 tech for you, but power figures remain the same. The scooter makes about 8bhp and 10Nm of torque. However, it’s also got a first-in-class Side Stand Indicator with engine inhibitor stops the engine start when the side stand is on ensuring complete peace of mind for the rider.
Similarly, honda has added several new features to the Activa 125 BS6 to make it more appealing to buyers. So, it gets a new semi-digital instrument console that displays information like real-time fuel efficiency, range and mileage apart from the standard bits like odometer, clock, ECO indicator and service due indicator.
2019 Honda Activa 125 FI Design
There is not much that has changed in terms of designing but there have been some new styling cues. So the new signature accents bring front chrome chest and embossed Activa 125 logo on the tail lamp.
2019 Honda Activa 125 Competition
In conclusion, the Honda Activa 125 BS-VI will compete with the likes of Hero Destini 125, Maestro Edge 125 and Suzuki Access 125 in the Indian market. These are all premium scooters that compete with each other. As a result, Honda will offer a special 6-year warranty package (3 years standard + 3 years optional extended warranty) on the Activa 125 BS-VI.