Mahindra’s next-generation Bolero, also codenamed as U301 is ready to be launched. The Indian utility manufacturer will be targeting the U301 for the rural market and the S101 (Ecosport competition) for the urban market. The U301 is a compact SUV and in dimensions it is four metres. The new Bolero gets very tight proportions and it has a spare wheel mounted on the tail gate. The new Bolero is made on a new platform, which is ladder frame chassis.
The interiors of the next-generation Bolero have been revived and it gets new AC vents, its gets an in-dash music system with Bluetooth connectivity and USB and aux-connectivity. The steering wheel too is borrowed from the new Scorpio, however it is plain black. The gear lever too has been borrowed from the Scorpio. The power window switches are located at the centre, just like the old-Scorpio. The entire area at the centre (between the driver and the co-driver) has been borrowed from the previous-generation Scorpio. The dashboard is primarily black in colour and then there is a grab handle on the glove box (like the previous Scorpio).
One other area of improvement in the Bolero is its second row space, which has better knee room than before. The central tunnel also has been lowered, and this means that three people can sit in comfort, without any kind of squeeze. The third row has jump seats, with one on each side. The front row seats are comfortable, and have been borrowed from the Quanto. The other new bit about the Bolero is that now the doors get the same thick grab-door handles like the Quanto.
So, following are the specifications of the new-generation Bolero:
- Length(approx): Sub 4-metres
- Height(approx): 1900mm
- Width(approx): 1900mm
- Engine: 1.5-litre three-cylinder diesel, 95bhp of power
- Transmission: Five-speed manual and five-speed automated manual transmission
- Drive: Rear wheel drive
- Number of seats: Seven
- Features: Power steering, all four power windows, in-dash music system with Bluetooth, aux and USB connectivity, steering mounted controls, rear AC vents, ABS and dual airbags
1) SLE: This will be the new base variant and mostly will be made available in BSIII and BSIV engines for all variants.
2) SLX: This is the mid-level variant and it should get power steering, front and rear power windows and AC.
3) ZLX: This variant will get ABS as standard or optional and there will be a new in-dash music system too. AMT will be offered on this variant.